Two-year-olds like to be independent! Favorite words are “Mine” and “No” and “I do it!” Emotions take on a roller coaster-like quality as 2-year-olds can go from excitement to anger to laughter within a few moments. A great deal of time is spent exploring, pushing, pulling, filling, dumping, and touching. These items will give your two year old the independence they crave as well as keep them busy as long as their attention spans will allow!
1. Green Toys Build-a-Bouquet Floral Arrangement Playset - Kids can stack the vibrant petunias, lilies and daisies for interactive fun.
2. Plan Toy Geometric Sorting Board - Children are endlessly taking things apart and putting them together, only to pull them apart again.
3. Signing Time DVD Series -
These dvds are primarily for teaching your child basic American sign language. However, there is enough vocabulary review to help your young preschooler learn new words daily.
4. Remo Gathering Drum & Drumsticks - The Gathering Drum is colorful, durable, and a great addition to any kid’s music collection! Children love to make music, and, since rhythm is the foundation of all music making, the Remo Kids Percussion Collection gives children an exciting way to make music with their own instruments. Not only is playing music fun, research has found that music participation can have a beneficial and long lasting impact on a child’s self-discipline and self-confidence.
5. Melissa & Doug Natalie 12” Doll - Mine to Love - The perfect friend for your child! This is the ideal, sweet-smelling, first-born baby doll. Even the youngest mommy will love her sweet face and soft, cuddly body. Real moms will love her wipe-clean arms and legs!
6. ALEX Super Art Table with Paper Roll - This award-winning art table helps inspire children’s creativity. This table comes with two benches, has a chalkboard tabletop surface, a hanging paper roll, child-safe paper cutter, 3 cup holders, 3 plastic cups and a canvas storage bag. It is made of sturdy wood and has durable plastic cups so it will stand up to years of art and play.
7. Melissa & Doug Jumbo Cardboard Blocks - This 40-piece set takes the blah out of blocks, especially for kids who create best with lots of pieces, lots of color, and lots of space. A staple item in many preschools, this set can spark endless imaginative play as children build large, life-size structures.
8. KidKraft Ride Around Town Train Set w/ Table - With the exciting Ride Around Town Train Table Set, the young conductors in your life have an entire busy community at their fingertips! The train set will provide kids with hours of imaginative play, while the table helps keep playtime off the floor and closer to eye level.
9. Eco Kids Natural Plant Dye GLUTEN FREE Molding Dough - Eco-kids® is a line of art supplies that gives children the tools to create using non-toxic, natural ingredients and environmentally friendly packaging. The gluten free eco dough is an exploratory molding dough handmade with natural and organic fruit, plant and vegetable extracts from annatto seed, beets, blueberries, carrots, paprika and more!
10. PlaSmart PlasmaCar RideOn Toy - Your little driver can navigate the road by simply turning the steering wheel from side to side.